Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation week.

I have been gone for a few days, been busy with quite a few things here and there. I put together this card for my sons teacher. I really wanted to make something different. Step outside the box, nothing too "teachery" (if that's even a word). I didn't want to do the traditional "apple" or "books" or too red/black/green. I wanted to also use some of my older paper pads that I have left over from my purchase at Michael's. I did get to in corporate our wonderful ROXY paper (top Zebra portion) in here as well! :) I just cant  stay away from CTMH...(hehehe).

Any who.... I used a regular old 5 1/2" x 4" card base and cut the papers to size. I also cut out Two 3 1/2" scalloped circles from the Wonderful AP cartridge! I then scored them in between each scallop all the way across and then I cut down one of the score lines stopping at the middle. This will help me accordion fold the circle. I did this to both circles and then I glued them together to make my "medallion".

I also used the AP cartridge and cut out Two 3" "banner" tags and used as the ribbon bottoms. This cartridge is SO versatile I LOVE IT!

For the inside since I got his teacher a Starbucks GC I created a small pocket to hold the card.  super simple just measure a piece of matching paper rand cut to size. ONLY adhere the side edges and the bottom and Viola! you have an instant pocket.

I had my son sign it and add his own little sentiment this morning. He was so Proud to give this to his teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment