Monday, April 16, 2012

It's a RED, WHITE, and BLUE kind of thing....

I got asked to put together rather quickly a "Fun, Unique, red, white and blue Invitation for a retirement party. This is what I came up with...

I used white daisy for the card it self.  I cut a 9" x 4 1/4" piece and scored it at 3 1/2".
I then folded it up at the score line and just glued the side edges to form the pocket. 

I stamped it with some swirls using Grey wool ink , also stamped on some red stars on the bottom using Holiday red ink. 

I cut out two squares a red square measuring 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and a blue one measuring 2 1/4" x 2 1/4".  These were originally supposed to be centered one on top of each other in the middle of the white on the bottom, but I decided to go with this lay out instead. 

For the title I cut a white daisy card-stock into a 1 3/4" x 3/4" and stamped the sentiment on. 

I then Used my Cricut Art Philosophy to cut out a tag (pg 40)  with the shift key and tag key on. This will cut the  tag with the stars "Cut out"  I used the Cricut craft room to get the size I needed 5 1/4" x 2 1/4"

I used Indian corn blue ink on the tag to stamp the words, and holiday red ink for the stars. I cut out a tag same size just with out the (stars) cut-out, and glued it to the back to give me the color. 

For the bow I tied a knot in some royal blue ribbon and snipped the ends to size and used Glue dots to adhere it to the tag. 

 Final Product :)



Dont forget to "follow" me on here and get entered to win the A size stamp set "Always remember".


"Like" my facebook page and get an extra entry Click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment